NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Fact Check : Real Photo of Dave Grohl Wearing a MAGA Hat?
Click image for larger version

Name:	a9.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	2418362

The Foo Fighters lead singer has been a critic of former U.S. President Donald Trump.

By : Nur Ibrahim

Claim: Authentic photograph shows Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl wearing a MAGA hat indicating support of former U.S. President Donald Trump.

Rating: Fake

In August 2024, a photograph of Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl apparently wearing a MAGA hat — referring to the Trump campaign slogan "Make America Great Again"—indicating his support for former U.S. President Donald Trump, went viral. The photograph appeared on X with this statement attributed to Grohl: "President Trump playing 'My Hero' [referencing a Foo Fighters' song] during his journey back to the White House is the honor of my lifetime."

The above photograph is a manipulated image and not an authentic depiction of Grohl at the time. The MAGA hat was edited onto Grohl's head, and Grohl did not say the words attributed to him. Rather, the Foo Fighters representative said the band had not granted permission to the Trump campaign to use their song. As such, we rate this claim as "Fake."

Using Google's reverse-image search tool, we traced the photograph back to November 2023.

The original image appeared in Australian media in November 2023 and showed Grohl leaving a hotel in Perth, wearing a black cap. PerthNow, a local newspaper, shared the image, crediting photographer Justin Benson-Cooper. According to the news report, Grohl was staying in the Ritz Carlton, ahead of a performance with his band. The lettering on the black cap he was wearing said, "HOPE, The Mission."

Grohl can be seen in other photos wearing the same outfit and black cap.

Grohl vs. Trump

On Aug. 23, 2024, at a Trump rally in Arizona, the Trump campaign used the Foo Fighters song "My Hero" to introduce Robert F. Kennedy Jr. onstage. Kennedy was an erstwhile presidential candidate who dropped out of the race to endorse Trump.

But the band was not happy about the use of their song.

A representative for the Foo Fighters told Entertainment Weekly, "Foo Fighters were not asked permission, and if they were they would not have granted it. Also any royalties received as a result of this use will be donated to the Harris/Walz campaign."

Grohl has been critical of Trump in the past. In a 2018 GQ interview, he said:

Listen, who cares what I think about guns or religion, but the thing about Trump that stings the most is this: he just seems like a massive jerk. Right? I know a lot of wonderful people who don't share my politics and you can bet tomorrow night in the stadium not everyone will share the same opinion or hold the same views. But when I sing 'My Hero' they will all sing it with me. In the three hours that I am on stage, none of that matters.

The image in question is thus a manipulated version of an older image and the Foo Fighters have disputed the Trump campaign's use of their song.

Thiệu Ngô
R2 Kiếm Khách
Release: 6 Days Ago

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Thiệu Ngô_is_offline
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2 Thiệu Ngô Reputation Uy Tín Level 1Thiệu Ngô Reputation Uy Tín Level 1Thiệu Ngô Reputation Uy Tín Level 1
The Following User Says Thank You to Thiệu Ngô For This Useful Post:
Đình Ngô (5 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #2
koorlie
R8 Võ Lâm Chí Tôn

Thanked 7,858 Times in 4,120 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2200 Post(s)
koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8
koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8koorlie Reputation Uy Tín Level 8

Quote:
The image in question is thus a manipulated version of an older image and the Foo Fighters have disputed the Trump campaign's use of their song.
Trump và các cuồng lại tiếp tục photoshop hình giả và ăn cắp nhạc.

Còn sớm chưa đến đâu mà đã dốc ra toàn lực để gian lận rồi.
koorlie_is_offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to koorlie For This Useful Post:
Đình Ngô (5 Days Ago)

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.