Lin Wood is reportedly under investigation over whether he voted illegally in the November election - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Lin Wood is reportedly under investigation over whether he voted illegally in the November election
Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood is reportedly under investigation over whether he voted illegally in the November election

By Erin Snodgrass

Lin Wood, a conservative attorney and pro-Trump ally who litigated numerous failed attempts to overturn the 2020 election, is now under investigation by the state of Georgia over whether or not he was a legal voter in the very election he claimed was fraudulent, according to WSB-TV in Atlanta.

Wood has been a frequent and vocal critic of the integrity of the 2020 election and sought to undermine President Joe Biden's win over Donald Trump, but not a single court of law found any of his claims to have merit.

The Georgia Secretary of State's Office has now launched an investigation to determine if Wood was actually a resident of Georgia and if he broke the law by casting his vote in the state, WSB-TV reported.

Officials from the office told the outlet that an email Wood sent to WSB-TV reporter Justin Gray prompted them to launch the investigation. In the email, Wood said he had moved to South Carolina and had been residing there for months.

"I have been domiciled in South Carolina for several months after purchasing property in the state in April," the email said. "My decision to change my residency to South Carolina has nothing to do with the frivolous and politically-motivated actions of the State Bar of Georgia."

The State Bar of Georgia said last month that it is investigating two complaints against the attorney and had requested that he undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Wood had previously posted a threat to former Vice President Mike Pence on Parler and has accused other officials of cheating Trump out of the presidency. Wood responded to the inquiry by refusing to take the requested mental health assessment and insisted he didn't violate any professional code.

Following Wood's email to Gray, state election officers are investigating whether his residence in South Carolina means he shouldn't have been able to vote in Georgia.

"If a person removes to another state with the intention of making it such person's residence, such person shall be considered to have lost such person's residence in this state," according to a section of Georgia code cited by investigators.

Insider reached out to Wood and the Georgia Secretary of State's Office for comment on the investigation.

In a response to the investigation, Wood sent Gray an email saying he had only changed his residency to South Carolina yesterday, on February 1.

"I have been a resident of the State of Georgia since 1955. I changed my residency to South Carolina yesterday," Wood wrote. "This is pure harassment by the Georgia Secretary of State because I have revealed credible evidence of election fraud on the part of Brad Raffensperger."

Raffensperger is Georgia's Secretary of State. In January, a conversation between Raffensperger and Trump was leaked, during which Trump urged the official to "find" 11,000 votes in order to deny Biden his victory.

------------------------------------

Tin tức
R4 Cao Thủ Võ Lâm
Release: 02-03-2021

Profile:
Last Update: 01-29-2022 : 00:15 Rating: None
Tin tức_is_offline
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4 Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Tin tức For This Useful Post:
tayden (02-03-2021)

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.