ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Trump Gets Boost Over Harris During Dem Convention: Report
While the Democratic National Convention was Vice President Kamala Harris’ time to shine, it was former President Donald Trump who actually came out on top, according to one metric. Trump has gained ground over Vice President Kamala Harris in at least one betting market, following a surprising boost amid the ongoing Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Chicago.

Trump, who was trailing Harris in prediction markets just a week ago, has reclaimed his frontrunner status on PolyMarket. As of Wednesday, traders gave him a 52% chance of winning the 2024 presidential election, while Harris’ odds fell to 47%. Last week, the site had Harris leading Trump with a 51% to 46% advantage, Fox Business reports.

On Wednesday, Trump saw a rise in his odds on BetUS, though he was still slightly behind Harris with an implied probability of 52.38% compared to her 54.55%. Despite this, Trump was gaining ground. On PredictIt, where Harris has maintained a lead for weeks, her odds fell by one point to 55% on Wednesday, while Trump stood at 48%.

BetUS director of public relations Tim Williams told FOX Business the market move Wednesday occurred as a fresh wave of betting action came in on Trump. “My pure speculation might be that the betting public believes that having to revise down payroll growth by 818,000 jobs — that’s 818,000 fewer jobs than reported earlier — could hurt Harris,” Williams said. He suggested that the rising betting volume on Trump might be influenced by speculation that independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was considering endorsing or aligning with Trump.

Rutgers University statistics professor Harry Crane, a prediction markets expert, told FOX Business that Trump’s recent surge on PolyMarket is “pretty significant movement.” Crane noted that there was no clear explanation for the rise other than the speculation that RFK Jr. could drop out and endorse Trump, which happened Friday. “I’m not aware of anything new that’s happened on Trump’s front in the past week that would warrant him coming back in any kind of drastic fashion,” Crane said.

Acknowledging that he was commenting anecdotally, the professor said, “I think that the most obvious things that I see is that Harris has released some economic proposals, and she’s answered a few questions more than before. And maybe those haven’t been so great for her.”

Before bringing Kennedy on stage with him Friday night in Glendale, Ariz., Trump described his political movement as being “welcoming” to Democrats, the New York Post reported. “Our movement is not about Democrat versus Republican,” he said. “It’s about patriotism and common sense. That’s why we’re welcoming support for millions and millions of disaffected Democrats. And they are joining like wildfire now. We’re welcoming the support from millions of disaffected Democrats, independents, moderates, old-fashioned liberals who still believe in little things like borders.”

Earlier, Trump said, “For the past 16 months, Bobby has run an extraordinary campaign. I know because he went after me a couple of times — I didn’t like it.” He added: “His candidacy has inspired millions and millions of Americans, raised critical issues that have been too long ignored in this country and brought together people from across the political spectrum in a positive campaign grounded in the American values of his father, Robert Kennedy, a great man, and his uncle, President John F Kennedy. And I know that they are looking down right now, and they are very, very proud of Bobby. I’m proud of Bobby.”

Are you voting for Trump or Kamala?
Trump
100%
Kamala
0%

https://usajournal.news/2024/08/24/trump-gets-4/

luyenchuong3000
R8 Vơ Lâm Chí Tôn
Release: 2 Hours Ago

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	456607580_122209688714011815_1165416107610940962_n.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	2417404  
luyenchuong3000 is_online_now
Thanked 34,590 Times in 10,027 Posts
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1783 Post(s)
Rep Power: 64 luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11
luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11luyenchuong3000 Reputation Uy Tín Level 11

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. V́ một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hăy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hăy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.